The Idaho Academy of Physician Assistants (IAPA) is a 501(c)6 constituent chapter of the American Academy of PAs (AAPA), who represents a profession of more than 123,000 PAs across all medical and surgical specialties in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, and the uniformed services.
Founded in 1977 when there were only 16 PAs practicing in the state, today there are over 1,100 licensed PAs and PA students across all medical and surgical specialties in Idaho. Over the years, IAPA has developed into a dynamic professional organization representing over 400 PAs in the state of Idaho. Due to the efforts of the IAPA and others, PAs in Idaho enjoy many practice privileges that PAs in other states are denied.
- Idaho PAs have full prescriptive authority including controlled substances – not so in many states
- Idaho PAs work with their supervising physicians to determine an appropriate scope of practice – not so in many states where limitations are dictated by law
- Idaho PAs are not required to have charts co-signed by their supervising physician and instead work with the physician to determine the appropriate level of chart review – most states require co-signing of charts
- Idaho PAs are protected by statutes that regulate licensure – not so in all states
- Idaho PAs can own their own practices and employ physicians – not so in many states
Please join the IAPA to make your voice heard and influence the future of PA practice in Idaho.
Please click on the link below to download a copy of the IAPA Bylaws. These were last reviewed and approved on January 26, 2011.
Idaho Academy of PAs Bylaws
For more information regarding IAPA IRS 501(c)6 tax status, financial documents (i.e. 990 tax form) or other association records, please submit a request via email to: IAPA@idmed.org